Photo credit: Daniel Caunter
Giselle is a full spectrum doula living in the west end of Toronto. After almost a decade of childcare and educational work Giselle decided that it was their dharma to support women, non-binary and trans folks through labour, postpartum and reproductive justice work, hence becoming a full spectrum doula. For Giselle, doula work is an absolute labour of love that combines their passion for life, education and nurturing care. During labour Giselle is compassionate, encouraging and fully present for their clients. Postpartum, one will refer to them as the baby whisperer as they holds space for you and your little one.
During downtime Giselle is usually biking around Toronto, travelling to new destinations, reading, doing yoga, baking and resting at home with their little family!
A word from Giselle
“I am committed to supporting all families including Indigenous, Black, people of colour (IBPOC), single parents, LGBTQ parents, multiple parents, etc of all cultures, genders in English and French. Working within an anti-oppression framework, I strive to provide caring and non-judgemental doula care.”
- Twin experience
- 200 hour Yoga Karma Yoga Teacher (2016)
- BA Honours University of Toronto, French Studies, Specialist in Linguistics (2014)
- First Aid & CPR (current)
- Lactation Medicine Student at the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Clinic) (PRESENT)
- PAIL- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Advocate (2018)
- Car seat Technician CPSAC (The Child Passenger Safety Assoc. of Canada) (2018)
- Birthing from Within (2017)
- Abortion Support Skills Course with Full Spectrum Doula Circle (2017)
- DONA trained labour doula (2016)
- Acupressure for Birth (2016)
- Anti-Oppression training with SOY Supporting Our Youth (2014)
Connect with me today
Send me an email or give me a call today to talk about your doula needs. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, and to discuss what services I could provide for you.